Rural Accommodation

Purgavie Farm

B&B
£30.00
 -  £35.00
Notes : per person per night
Purgavie Farm
Lintrathen
Kirriemuir
DD8 5HZ
Email ID: 
Click Here
Find this: 7+ 5=
Email ID:  purgavie@aol.com
Please mention FarmingUK when enquiring about accommodation

Purgavie Farm Pictures

Description

Owner Information
Moira Clark
Angus
Phone : +44 (0)7860392794
Central heating,
•Tea making facilities.
•Electric blankets,
•Hairdryers,
•Fluffy white towels and bath robes
•Bronnley complimentary toiletries
•Cot and High chair
•Dogs allowed
•Clock radios and colour television in all rooms.
•A full Scottish breakfast.
•Dinner using fresh in season vegetables
•Packed lunches available on request
•Please feel free to bring your own wine.
•Laundry facilities on request
•Wi-Fi Internet access
•£35 single, £30 double per person
•No Smoking
Access to Golf Course 
Accept Children 
Baby Sitting 
Business Facilities 
Credit Cards Accepted 
Facilities for Children 
Fishing Nearby 
Laundry Facilities 
Pets Accepted 
Serves Breakfast 
Stabling 
Working Farm 
Public Telephone 
Evening Meals Available 
Garden Patio 
Pony Trekking 
Cycle Storage 
Internet Access 
Parking On-Site 

Maps

Things to see and do in Angus

J M Barrie Birthplace
J M Barrie Birthplace

The birthplace and early home of famed Scottish author, playwright and creator of Peter Pan, Sir James Matthew Barrie, this 19th-century cottage is set in the heart of Kirriemuir. The cottage next door is home to the ‘Peter Pan Experience’ and important memorabilia, while the Peter Pan garden with a willow crocodile and ‘Pirates’ Workshop’ comprise the surrounding grounds. Click here to watch a biography of JM Barrie.
Angus Folk Museum
Angus Folk Museum

The museum comprises six 18th-century cottages, which are home to important collections that offer an insight into the domestic life of rural workers in Angus over the past 200 years. The Agricultural Centre houses a reconstructed farm steading as part of the Life on the Land exhibition.
Aberlemno Sculptured Stones
Aberlemno Sculptured Stones

Magnificent range of Pictish sculptured stones - depicting a hunting scene, battle scene between an army of men with long hair and an army of men wearing helmets. Aberlemon Southern Roadside Stone This stone is highly eroded but may bear the traces of a curving symbol. It was found in the field behind the present site. The function of the stones the Picts erected is uncertain but the nearby fort of Finavon (1.5km to the east) may have been the residence of a Pictish chieftain. Aberlemon Northern Roadside Stone This stone bears several Pictish symbols; a serpent, a double disc and z-rod and a mirror and comb. No definitive interpretation has been found for these symbols. The stone was found in the field behind and, judging from prehistoric cup marks on its back, seems to have been an earlier monument reused by the Picts. Aberlemno Roadside Cross Slab This stone is carved on both sides. One face is decorated with an elaborate cross flanked by angels while the other shows a hunting scene with the Pictish symbols of a crescent and V-rod, a double disc and Z-rod and a depiction of King David fighting the lion. While the Pictish symbols show a continuity with the two earlier stones along the road, the introduction of Christian images and decorative styles drawn from manuscript illustration, shows the impact of the arrival of Christianity. Churchyard Cross Slab This stone is considered one of the finest surviving pieces of Pictish carving. It has a fine cross with elaborate interlace decoration flanked by zoomorphic patterns of entwined beasts. The side facing the church bears a battle scene between an army of men with long hair and an army of men wearing helmets. It is thought this may commemorate the Battle of Nechtansmere (near Dunnichen 10km South of here) fought in 685 AD, in which King Ecgfrith of Northumbria was killed, ending the Anglian occupation of the south of Pictland. The long-haired Picts are clearly victorious in the scene which shows a helmeted, Anglian rider fleeing while the corpse of one of his comrades.
Edzell Castle
Edzell Castle

Edzell Castle is a ruined 16th century castle, with an early 17th century walled garden. It is located close to Edzell, and is around 5 miles north of Brechin, in Angus, Scotland. Edzell Castle was begun around 1520 by David Lindsay, 9th Earl of Crawford, and expanded by his son, Sir David Lindsay, Lord Edzell, who also laid out the garden in 1604. The castle saw little military action, and was, in its design, construction and use, more of a country house than a defensive structure. It was briefly occupied by English troops during Oliver Cromwell's invasion of Scotland in 1651. In 1715 it was sold by the Lindsay family, and eventually came into the ownership of the Earl of Dalhousie. It was given into state care in the 1930s, and is now a visitor attraction run by Historic Scotland. Open all year.
Glamis Castle
Glamis Castle

Ancestral home of the Earls of Strathmore for over 600 years. Glamis is a living, breathing monument to Scottish hospitality; a place of enjoyment, reflection, laughter and wonder for all. The castle has witnessed more than 600 years of history and we take great delight in sharing the many stories, secrets and intriguing tales that surround it. As well as tours of the castle and garden visits we offer a full programme of events throughout the year.
Arbroath Abbey
Arbroath Abbey

Founded in 1178 for monks of the Tironensian order by King William the Lion, Arbroath Abbey is famous in Scottish history for its association with the Declaration of Arbroath, in which Scotland’s nobles swore their independence from England.
Carnoustie Golf Links
Carnoustie Golf Links

Carnoustie Championship course is now in the finest condition it has ever been. Not only does it offer the ultimate challenge to every golfer but it provides a playing quality second to none. The Barry Burn eases it’s way through the final 3 holes, quietly awaiting the shot that is slightly less than perfect. It was there in 1999 that Frenchman Jean Van de Velde lost the chance of being Open Champion and a place in history.
Barry Mill
Barry Mill

Barry Mill is a working Category A listed watermill in Barry, Angus in eastern Scotland. It is owned and operated by the National Trust for Scotland as an educational tourist attraction. Situated in a secluded area beside the Barry Burn, the mill lies about half a mile north of the village of Barry, near the town of Carnoustie. It is a three floor building, containing a meal floor, a milling floor and a top. A site for several mills since at least 1539, Barry Mill was commercially operational until 1984; it was then restored, and has been operated by the Trust since 1992. It was threatened with closure in March 2009, but has remained open due to local support, and the securing of external funding.
Guthrie Castle
Guthrie Castle

Truly a romantic wedding venue in Scotland - This historic Scottish Castle, which is offered on an exclusive basis, really is a fantastic location for wedding receptions, set, as it is, in 156 acres of outstanding natural beauty; it has a beautiful 2 acre “historically important” walled garden which dates back to 1616 (where we often hold wedding services), magnificent lawns a private Loch and its own 9-hole golf course.
Meffan Museum and Art Gallery
Meffan Museum and Art Gallery

Right in Forfar's historic town centre is "The Meffan" built in 1898 as a bequest from the daughter of Provost Meffan. Originally Forfar's library and museum, the building is now a lively art gallery and museum. Every month new art exhibitions are staged, bringing to Forfar the work of a range of contemporary Scottish artists. Two galleries are devoted to these ever changing exhibitions. Another two galleries explore "The Forfar Story" from the zenith of Pictish artistic endeavour, a stunning collection of Pictish Stones are displayed to best advantage so both front and rear of these enigmatic sculptured stones can be closely examined. An interactive screen guides the visitor through every Pictish stone found in Angus. Models of two archaeologists are seen excavating a log canoe dated to the 11th century, around the time of King Malcolm Canmore and his saintly Queen Margaret enjoyed their stays at Forfar Loch, feasting and hunting. The visitor can next wander through time down an old narrow cobbled street called The Vennel. They can peer into a knockmaker's workshop [clocks], see linen being woven by a weaver, drool over bread, and of course, bridies at the bakers; the shoemaker is busy mending and making boots and shoes.